top of page
In the southwest corner of Steele County, North Dakota, in the center of a remarkably rich agricultural district, stands Hope.
Mr. Edward H. Steele was one of the founders and owners of the town site of Hope. He built the first business structure in 1881. The town was named after Mr. Steele's wife, Hope, and Steele County was named after him.
The town experienced a boom from 1882 to 1883, resulting in a town that was solid and lasting, just like the people who live in Hope today. The residents of Hope are energetic and noted for the intellectual culture usually found in larger towns. Hope is one of the most splendid locations in the state in which to build up a business and a home.
Photo Courtesy of Steele County Museum
bottom of page